The Chinook Center Needs Your Support!
Make a Financial Contribution to Grassroots Empowerment!
We are fundraising for programming and to get into a permanent location that will serve the entire community as a hub for grassroots action! We are officially recognized as a 501(c)(3) organization and have an established board of dedicated volunteers committed to the mission of Chinook Center. We are 100% volunteer and donation based. All donations are tax deductible.
Donations of Supplies & Goods
The Chinook Center is committed to building capacity and increasing the shared resources of the greater grassroots community. Some examples of things we’re collecting for the community co-working and event space include:
- Office equipment (furniture and equipment such as printers, computers, scanners, etc.)
- PA and sound equipment
- Tables (indoor or outdoor)
- Community cooking supplies (crockpots, portable burners, cookware, disposable serveware)
- Community/mutual aid supplies ( blankets, hand warmers, sleeping bags, waterproof tarps; (new socks, toiletries, hairbrushes, dry shampoo, etc.)
- Anything else you think could contribute to growing the capacity and power of our grassroots justice community in the region! We will put it to use or find who can!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss all the details!
There are so many little actions you can do to support Chinook Center. Here are some examples:
Take Time to Do a Few Small Actions that Add Up to Big Change
- Do you shop at King Soopers? You can designate Chinook Center on your Rewards card to receive donations through the King Soopers Community Rewards Program: Go to http://www.kingsoopers.com and log into your account. ( New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a loyalty card.)
- Once logged into your account, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click King Soopers Community Awards under the Community heading. Click on Customer Wanting to Enroll and search for The Chinook Center either by name or HQ675 and then click Enroll. Once you’re enrolled, you’ll earn rewards for Chinook Center every time you shop and use your Loyalty Card!
- Designate Chinook Center for your Birthday Fundraiser on Facebook!
There are endless wonderful options for a birthday fundraiser, and we’d be honored if you selected Chinook Center as a way to bring some social network dollars right into our community. Of course, as you know, 100% of those dollars go to justice work here in the community. Share the love – and happy birthday!
- Spread the Word!
It may not feel like a donation or contribution, but every single time you share a post, event, or just tell someone about Chinook Center, you are amplifying our ability to build the widest and strongest grassroots support network this community has ever seen.
- Check to See if your Employer has a Matching Donation Program
Many companies will match their employees’ individual contributions made to non-profit organizations. It is a great way to double the power of your contribution!
- Also, if you work for a retail or food establishment, let us know if you have donations from your individual store that you can point our way – coffee, snacks, supplies, gift cards, and other items for events add up and we are always grateful for local donations!
And if you happen to have a building or space that is not being used….
…Of course, we wouldn’t be doing our job if we didn’t ask! We are actively seeking a physical space to make Chinook Center’s home. If you do have real estate in Colorado Springs, especially unused or in need of repair space, we would love to discuss an arrangement with you. The options we might talk about range from use in exchange for reduced price and/or upkeep/repairs/improvements, all the way up to a formal donation of the property. (In the state of Colorado, you can take a significant tax benefit for donating a property to a non-profit and we’re ready to plug you right into that process in a legally and professionally sound way).
So if you do have a property in Colorado Springs and you’d like to discuss options with us, we would LOVE to talk with you!
Email email@example.com or email Samantha Christiansen, Chinook Center President directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 570-575-6744 and leave a message for a callback.
(And yes, you would be our hero!)